It’s common to bump into an error code on Netflix once in a while. Like many other platforms, Netflix isn’t immune to errors. And when that happens, don’t panic, we got you covered. Different Netflix error codes mean different things. So it’s important to have a handy guide like this on your bookmarks just in case you know… Netflix starts acting up. We’ve listed common Netflix error codes and their fixes.
Why isn’t Netflix working?
Netflix isn’t immune to errors and service outages. The most important thing is to know how to fix the error. There are many different Netflix error codes. If Netflix isn’t working chances are there is an issue with your network, device, Netflix app, or account. Netflix might be down as well.
We shall show you how to fix different Netflix error codes below. Before that, how do you tell if Netflix is down? You can tell if Netflix is down by checking DownDetector, a website that helps track down service outages on major platforms across the world.
Troubleshooting Netflix Error Codes
There are many Netflix error codes you might bump into. However, troubleshooting many Netflix error codes is the same. We can’t claim that these fixes will fix all issues but its a good rule of thumb.
You can fix different Netflix issues by doing the following;
- Checking your network connectivity
- Disabling VPNs, Proxies and tunnelling services
- Signing out of Netflix and signing in again
- Restarting your device
- Uninstalling the app and re-installing again
10 Common Netflix error codes, what they mean and how you can fix them.
- Netflix Error code NW 2-5, NW-1-19, NW 3-6, or Network Error
- Netflix Error UI-113
- Netflix Error 100
- Netflix Error UI-800-3
- Netflix error S7111-1101
- Netflix Error 0013
- Netflix Error tvq-st-103
- Netflix Error M7111-5059
- Netflix Error code M7353 5101
- Netflix Error 0041
1. Netflix Error Code NW 2-5, NW-1-19, NW 3-6, or Network Error
Have you ever encountered NW–2-5 error code on Netflix? This error usually means network connectivity issue so your device can’t reach the Netflix servers. Network issues except NW-4-7 cause most Netflix NW error codes.
How to Fix Netflix Error Code NW 2-5
Confirm that your device is connected to the network and the network is running well. Chances are your Wi-Fi may be experiencing issues. You can try to restart the router or try to use another device to connect to the network to ensure its working properly.
2. Netflix Error UI-113
Netflix error code UI-113 is usually associated with information stored on your device. This error could occur on any device with Netflix supported. That could be your smart TV, Android, iPhone, streaming device, console, etc.
How to fix Netflix Error UI-113
- Confirm that Netflix is working properly by accessing it via the web version (Netflix.com) using a PC or a Mac.
- Restart the device experiencing the error. To restart a Smart TV do the following: Turn it off then unplug the power cable for about 1 minute. Hold the TV’s power button for six-seven seconds and plug the power cable back, then power the TV on.
- Sign out of Netflix
- Sign in
If this fails you can also restart your home router.
Netflix should be able to work well afterwards.
3. Netflix Error 100
This error code is usually displayed like this: Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service (-100).
The error code implies that there is a problem with your Netflix app or the data stored on your device. Netflix error code 100 usually occurs on Amazon Fire TV, Fire Stick and on Smart TVs.
How to Fix Netflix Error 100
To fix error 100, there are three things you can do.
- Refresh the data on your Smart TV or Amazon Fire TV/Stick.
- Connect to a different network
- Restore your Amazon Fire TV/Stick’s default settings.
How to Restart Amazon Fire TV/Stick
- Unplug the device from power for at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the device on the power source.
- Turn the device back on using the Fire TV remote.
- Try Netflix again.
Alternatively, if that doesn’t work, try streaming Netflix using a different network. If Netflix works well while using the other network, that means the issue might be with your router configuration. In case you were trying to stream Netflix using a public WiFi, work or school network confirm with the admin if the network supports access to streaming services.
The last resort should be to restore your Amazon Fire TV’s default settings.
Note: This will clear all your data stored on Amazon Fire TV/Stick including accounts and passwords.
How to Restore your Amazon Fire TV / Stick’s default settings
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select System or Device.
- Select Restore to Factory Defaults.
Similar error codes to 100:
- Error 1001
- Error 10023-5009
4. Netflix Error UI-800-3
Netflix Error UI-800-3 also means that information stored on your device needs to be refreshed. This error affects a wide range of platforms including Amazon Fire TV/Stick, Blu-ray Player, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Set-top Box or Streaming Media Players, Smart TV, and Xbox consoles.
It’s shown by this error message: Couldn’t connect to Netflix. Please try again or restart your home network and streaming device.
How to Fix Netflix Error UI-800-3
- Restart your device
- Sign out of Netflix
- Clear Netflix app data and cache
- Uninstall the app and reinstall
- Sign in and try again
5. Netflix error S7111-1101
You’ll be shown “Whoops something went wrong… Unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again.” When you encounter error code S7111-1101.
This error affects Mac computers. It implies that your Safari browser’s cache need to be refreshed.
How to Fix Netflix Error Code S7111-1101
- Go to netflix.com/clearcookies. You’ll be immediately signed out of your account.
- Select Sign In and enter your Netflix email and password.
- Try streaming Netflix again.
- Open Safari
- Tap on the Safari menu in the upper left corner
- Select Preferences
- Select Privacy
- Go to Cookies and website data.
- Click on Details or Manage Website Data
- Search for Netflix
- Choose Remove and select Remove Now. This will clear the Netflix website data.
- Force-quit Safari by following these steps. Select the Apple icon in the upper left of the browser and select Force Quit > Safari and click Force Quit then confirm to finish the process.
- Open Safari then try Netflix again
Other S Netflix Error Codes and their Fixes
Most Netflix error codes that start with S7 affects Mac computers. Other S series Netflix error codes include;
- Netflix Error S7111-5033 – Shows you’re trying to watch a title that exceeds your profile’s set maturity level. Adjusting parental controls will solve this issue.
- Netflix Error S7111-5005 – You need to update your payment method
- Netflix Error S7111-1331 – clear browser cache
- Netflix Error S7111-5059 – Shown if you’re using connecting to Netflix via a VPN, proxy, or “unblocker”. Disable proxies, VPNs, or other routing software to solve this issue.
- Netflix Error S7361-1253 – Your Mac computer’s OS version can’t play Netflix titles. Upgrade your OS version if you’re using an outdated version.
- Netflix Error S7111-1957-205002 – remove Netflix website data, force-quit Safari and try again. Similar to solving error S7111-1101 above
- Netflix Error S7111-1957-205040 – Sign out of Netflix on your Safari and sign in again or try a different browser.
6. Netflix Error 0013
This error is usually shown on Android phones and tablets. You’ll be shown Error 0013 when the data stored on yoru device needs to be refreshed.
How to Fix Netflix Error 0013
Netflix Error code 0013 can be fixed by either of the following solutions:
- Try connecting to a different network or WiFi
- Restart your Android phone or tablet.
- Clear the data or cache on the Netflix app
You can do this by opening the Settings app > Apps > Manage Apps or Application Manager or Manage All Apps. Select Netflix from the list of apps and go to Storage. Select Clear Data or Clear Storage then confirm by tapping OK.
- Delete the Netflix app and reinstall
- Try again
7. Netflix Error tvq-st-103
When your device bumps into Netflix Error tvq-st-103, you’ll be shown either of these messages:
Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/help
Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in [X] seconds.
It means that there’s a problem with your Network so your streaming device cant reach the Netflix servers. This error affects a wide range of devices including Amazon Fire TV/Stick, consoles, Smart TVs, streaming media players and more.
How to Fix Netflix Error tvq-st-103
- Ensure your network is working well. Restart network if necessary.
- Visit Netflix.com to confirm if Netflix is working
- Reload Netflix app
- Restart your streaming device
8. Netflix Error M7111-5059
Netflix error code m7111-5059 is accompanies by this message; You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. It’s usually shown when Netflix discovers that you’re using VPN, proxy or “unblocker.”
How to Fix Netflix Error M7111-5059
- Disable the proxy service, VPN or any other routing service.
- Try Netflix again
- If the issue persists, contact your internet service provider.
9. Netflix Error code M7353 5101
You’ll encounter error code M7353 5101 if a browser extension is preventing Netflix from working properly. It usually happens while accessing Netflix via the official website.
How to Fix Netflix Error code M7353 5101
- Update your browser if it’s outdated
- Turn off browser extensions
- Restart your computer
- Try Netflix again
10. Netflix Error 0041
This error codes could result due to two issues. Either the data stored on your device needs to be resfreshed or there’s a connectivity issue. It affects phones and tablets running Android and Kindle devices.
How to Fix Netflix Error 0041
- Clear Netflix app data
- Restart your home internet
- Try Netflix again
Similar Netflix Error codes that can be solved in a similar way include:
- Error tvq-st-120
- Error AIP-704
- Error UI-400
- Error 12001
- Error 5403
- Error 11853
- Error 1011
- Error 1012
- Error 1016
- Error -11800
There are many different Netflix error codes. If you don’t see a specific error code, you can visit the Netflix help page and search for it.
Tired of paying for streaming services? Here are the best free streaming services.