Telegram is among the many alternatives to Facebook’s WhatsApp. The platform has built itself a name for its security and privacy. Not to mention the platform’s extensive portfolio of features that surpasses any other widely available messaging app, at least for the rest of the world.
With so many features under its belt, some features may be likely unwanted by some. However, the good thing about the platform is that it offers its users a choice to toggle some of them.
If you’ve been bothered by the common notification about contact’s joining Telegram, here’s a way to turn it off.
Disable contact joined telegram Notification
1. Open the Telegram app
2. Click the hamburger menu on the top left
3. Select Settings
4. Go to Notifications and Sounds
5. Scroll down to Contact Joined Telegram and tap to turn the toggle off
6. Then, go back to your Telegram’s Setting homepage
7. Tap on Privacy and Security and scroll down to Contacts section
8. Toggle Sync Contacts off
After that, you won’t get notified of new contacts joining Telegram. If you encounter any problems, let us know in the comments below.