Samsung’s Cloud storage service, Samsung Cloud, is nearing its end of life. In an email sent to its users, the company announced that it will phase our Samsung Cloud before Q4 2021. Specifically, the company says will be laid to rest on August 31st, 2021.
The company, therefore, is advising users to seek cloud storage services elsewhere. Since its inception, Samsung Cloud has provided users with a simple way to safely keep their media files, contacts, SMS, call history, calendar events, etc. Any Galaxy customers with premium Samsung Cloud subscription will see their package canceled starting July 1st, 2021. They will be compensated accordingly.
The South Korean tech company is vouching for Microsoft’s OneDrive as a top alternative. However, you can still opt for other cloud storage services – they are plenty of options out there.
From December 1st, 2021, Samsung will allow customers to move their data to OneDrive seamlessly. The service will also allow you to download your data and move it elsewhere. But this will only be available from now till August 31st, 2021.
How to Download Your Samsung Cloud Data on Mobile
- Open the Samsung Gallery app.
- Touch and hold the photos or videos you want to download
- Tap More Options (the three vertical dots). You’ll be presented with a variety of options.
- Tap “Download” to download the selected photos and videos on your device.
How to Download Your Samsung Cloud Data on Web
- Go to the web version of Samsung Cloud
- Sign in to your Samsung Cloud account
- Select Gallery
- Hover over the media file(s) you wish to download, then select the O icon. You can choose to select multiple images of all files by tapping on the All option
- Hit the Download icon on the top right corner of the screen once done. This will download all the selected media files in Gallery.