Recently, Amazon rolled out user profiles on its streaming platform Prime Video. The arrival of user profiles on Amazon Prime Video has been long overdue as this is one basic feature by just about any streaming service.
Unlike Netflix, Amazon Prime Video users can set up to six profiles instead of the five. The availability of user profiles means that every user can be able to have their own watchlist, personalized recommendations, and even progress on every movie they watch. This is amazing and that’s why Netflix, the world’s largest streaming platform, has been having the feature since 2013.
Have an Amazon Prime Video account and want to setup user profiles? Here’s how.
How to create Amazon Prime Video profiles on web
- Logon to your Amazon Prime Video account
- Go to “Prime Video” in the top bar on your Amazon home page
- Click the drop-down menu in the upper right to view user profile lists
- You’ll be presented with your profile and a “Add new” option
- Click on “Add new” then setup the new profile: Add a name, select if it’s a kid profile(12 years and below) or leave the option untouched if its an adult profile
- Click “Save Changes” to complete the setup
How to create Amazon Prime Video profiles on iOS, Android and Fire tablets
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app
- Go to “My Stuff” in the bottom menu.
- Tap on the profile picker menu(indicated with a drop-down menu)
- Click the (+) icon to create a new profile.
How to manage or remove Amazon Prime Video profiles
To manage your Prime Video user profiles, open the Profile Picker menu then select the “Manage Profiles” option. You can delete a profile via this section.