Recently Spotify reported a surge in streaming from game consoles, at a time when people have moved to work from home. So, in this article, we’ll show you how to set up Spotify on your console for streaming music while playing.
By default, Spotify is currently available on various consoles such as the PlayStation and the Xbox. For PlayStation, Spotify is available only on the PS3 and PS4, and only Xbox One for the Xbox.
How to Set Up Spotify on PS3™, PS4™ and Xbox One
- First, download the Spotify app on your console.
- Login or connect your Spotify account by either; Using Spotify Connect to link your Spotify app to your device, or manually entering your Spotify email address and password. For PS4, there’s an additional option that enables you to “Log in with PIN”. Simply open Spotify on your phone or computer, then go to www.spotify.com/pair and enter the PIN on your screen. PlayStation users can also link their accounts to automatically log into Spotify wherever they log into their PlayStation™ Network account.
- To start playing music or a podcast, press and hold the PlayStation or Xbox button on your controller to bring up the menu or guide.
- Select “Music” or “Spotify.”
- At this point, you can now play music and access basic media controls right using your controller.